Neilriser

Hi all,i need to purchase a rotary cutter so i can cut out rusted panel pieces.i would prefer electric at this stage and it needs to be small with dics for fine cutting.I see the Dremel but is it man enough? all thoughts and advice greatfully reeived.Neil

Quoted from 11469
Hi all,i need to purchase a rotary cutter so i can cut out rusted panel pieces.i would prefer electric at this stage and it needs to be small with dics for fine cutting.I see the Dremel but is it man enough? all thoughts and advice greatfully reeived.Neil

You should be able to most of what you need to do with a 4" angle grinder fitted with 1mm cutting disc. You can trim with Gilbows.

Hi

I have used a Dremel but its only useful for very, very small hard to reach areas.  The cutters don't last more than a few cuts.

For all other areas I used a 4" angle grinder.  An 18v battery one I find is a little slower rpm and easier to control in confined spaces.

Steve

Quoted from bxbodger
Use a monodex if you want accuracy, hand achingly slow,  but accurate and with no distortion.

Back in the day, I cut out apertures for side windows in a Mini van with these.......Blisters.     The offending item is still in my bodywork tool drawer, unused since that job about 40 years ago.

Ah, so that's what these are called! I've just called them twin bladed tin-snip thingy ma jiggles.

I have not had blisters, and they're good for shaping by hand, but the kerf material removed by the blade curls up underneath and the tool jams against it. You also need material on both sides of the blade or the jaw twists and jams.