Bodytub dims for 360 degree spit.

molten

Not sure you will understand the title, but I have decided to build my own spit (rotiserie - if thats how its spelled).
Just wondered if any forum member already has the body tub dimensions?

Will be very simple based on engine stand design x2 joined.
Hope someone can help (may have already built one)

Many thanks

Have you seen Andre's GT6 body rolling device?? Not quite the same thing, but maybe something there you can use??

http://www.gt6.ca/tech/body-rig/index.html

Also, this discussion has just taken place in the Technical section a few weeks ago, again maybe of some use??

[Sorry, link no longer available]

Sorry I cannot be of more use than that!!

Cheers,

Phil

2597 wrote:
Not sure you will understand the title, but I have decided to build my own spit (rotiserie - if thats how its spelled).
Just wondered if any forum member already has the body tub dimensions?

Will be very simple based on engine stand design x2 joined.
Hope someone can help (may have already built one)

Many thanks

Yes I have just heard of this idea using 2 engine stands so must dig out my original one and the spare that was 'dumped' om me a year ago and never got round to weighing in ;D  Main problem is to make sure that the body fixings are up to the job because I want to use it on my Landcrab shell which is heavvvy (whistle)

Ted

thebrookster wrote:
Have you seen Andre's GT6 body rolling device?? Not quite the same thing, but maybe something there you can use??
http://www.gt6.ca/tech/body-rig/index.html
Sorry I cannot be of more use than that!!
Cheers,
Phil

Cheer Phil
Interesting way of turning a 1 car garage into a 2 car garage :)

I have looked aroung my garage and have found enough steel to make this:
http://www.mts.net/~hpokrant/Restoration_Tips/1-Rotisserie/Plans.htm

As the spitfire tub is quite light in comparison to the american giants that this rotisserie was designed for, I will make out of 50x50 box with 40x40 box sliding inside where necessary. Again as the tub is quite lightweight, the single (braced) height adjuster/leveler should be fine. I will have to change some areas to make best use of the steel I have but should all turn out well.

Cheers
Scott

Knocked one up at work for doing a single seater car - we used uprights with the stub axles and drum brakes from some random fwd car - that way with the handbrake it is possible to hold the car at any angle you want at all - really useful when doing sanding work on 'cigar' body work.

2 days later,  and I think I now have something to turn the body tub over.
Just some minor bits to do incliding cutting joining bar that fits into the bottom of each stand, fit some 75mm castors and get a mate to help me grt the body on. Any volunteers :P
Somer pics for your amusement:

thebrookster wrote:
I am loving the new tool bench, nice use of space!!

I am all for improvising Phil  :)
Started off with a double garage. Can't swing a cat in there at the moment. Have to lift the rolling chassis up & over the rotisserie feet to get it in & out of garage.

Archived