Rocker Cover Breather

slowthing

I wish to replace the tin cover on my Vitesse 1600 with a polished alloy one. Currently the breathing seems to come from a 'mushroom' shaped oil filler with mesh in it. The new cover just has an oil filler cap although there is a pipe outlet on the side. I'm guessing this is to provide the breathing functionality. Whats the best way of setting this up? Vent to a catch bottle or some kind of filter etc.

Thanks.

depends on the vintage of the 1600 but you may find the alloy has breather which will foul the header tank, had to plug the tubed outlet and fit a filter or breather tube to the N/S

you cant vacuum a 1600 as the crankcase has its own   tubular open breather next to the fuel pump

if you fit a spin on filter you need to re make this to get the spin on to fit

pete

Quoted from Pete Lewis

you cant vacuum a 1600 as the crankcase has its own   tubular open breather next to the fuel pump

The early 2L engine is the same, but has a vacuum (mushroom breather thing). All they did was remove the tube and fit a blanking plate (of which I have a spare if anyone wants it). So you can "vacuum a 1600" if you want to.