Battery relocation

iggy

Im planing on moving the battery to the boot of my mk2 2500, ive got a few metres of arc welding cable in t he garage which is marked with 25 i presume this is 25 mm2 is this ok to use as the positive cable from the battery to the starter motor, other wise ive seen 110 amp or 170 amp battery cable for sale, but i think it wont be as flexible as the welding cable, which cable and what amperage should i use, any advice appreciated

25mm2 welding cable should carry something like 180 amps with very little current drop over the lengths you would be using so will be MORE than adequate

This is what I put into AFH 25 years ago and had no trouble during the six years I used it before the (very) long layup, and I will be simply re-instating it when I am able to get back into the rebuild after the knee replacement op next month.

MUT

No, that is unlikely to be enough. Just get way bigger than you need from he calculations. That way, when the car needs turning over for a bit to get started, it won't get the cable (as) hot, which slows the starter down.
I would run the 25mm2 stuff.....or bigger.

• 3 weeks later...