GT6 Mk3 battery tray drain hose

rotoflex

I am curious about how the drain hose from the battery tray is routed in the GT6 Mk3.
On mine, it goes straight down, into the cockpit behind the passenger-side floor footrest, & just dangles.

I noticed on the parts diagram for the GT6 Mk3 on Canley's site that there is a diagram showing a RHD car, in which the battery tray drain hose seems to hook forward & exit through a grommet.  It doesn't show a hole in the firewall there, & I'm wondering if there is a hole through which the hose exits to dribble its juices down the firewall on the passenger side.

http://www.canleyclassics.com/?xhtml=xhtml/diagram/gt6mkiiidashpanelsandapost.html&xhtmlcatalogue=xhtml/catalogue/gt6mkiii.html&category=bodyandfittings&xsl=diagram.xsl

The firewall in that area on the corresponding passenger side of my car was altered with a couple of holes for the dealer-added air conditioning, & I'm wondering if one of the holes was originally for the battery tray drain.

Hi Bill, on my MK3 it comes from the bottom of the battery tray and then goes through a grommet in the floor, this is on the level piece just behind the foot rest, I can feel it sticking out just behind the front chassis out rigger.
Hope that makes sense.
Fred