Whitch Electronic Ignition Kit  do I need

tjmtaylor

7513 wrote:
It's in a kit car

Ah well the skys the limit :) the 1500 is possibly Triumphs worst engine sadly.
The 1300 can be made into a screamer (cost££££ though).
Why not put an MX5 lump in.

If you must have this engine I put Lumenition on my Stag and it transformed it because the Stag would only do 1500 miles before the points (single!) started to fail.

Jon, you are right in that the 1500 lump doesn't like to rev "out of the box". If the engine is balanced it will run better. There's a guy on the TDC forum (some of you will know who I mean) who can work his magic on these engines.

Getting back on topic, I'd definitely second the budget system. I fitted one on a Sprint dizzy on my 1850 and I haven't had to touch it since aside from small adjustments of the timing. Worth every penny.

Mik Davies gets his race Spitfire 1500 reving well enough.  When I was chatting to him once, discussing his engine and how well it revs, I was convinced he must be talking about a small crank 1300 but, no, it is a well engineered 1500.  I forget exactly what his redline is set at, but it is in racing 1300 territory with good power right up to the limit.