Spitfire/GT6 reverse light switch the same?

rotoflex

Is the GT6's transmission-mounted reverse light switch the same as the late Spitfire?

An online parts seller has a reverse light switch listed for:
Triumph Spitfire 1975 to 1980 and TR7 manual 1975 to 1981 and TR8 manual 1977 to 1981. MG Midget 1500. TKC6761

Will it work on a GT6?

Just had a look on Rimmers and the GT6 reverse light switch and that of the Spit's shares their same part number BAU1074A, so it seems so, yes.
Not cheap, those babies. (And 2 on the GT6 box right? One for the 3rd/4th overdrive selection aye aye). Having trouble with my 3/4 switch right now so it's on my mind. :(

rotoflex wrote:
Is the GT6's transmission-mounted reverse light switch the same as the late Spitfire?

An online parts seller has a reverse light switch listed for:
Triumph Spitfire 1975 to 1980 and TR7 manual 1975 to 1981 and TR8 manual 1977 to 1981. MG Midget 1500. TKC6761

Will it work on a GT6?

Hi Rotoflex

early and late Spitfires had different reverse light switches.  Earlier cars (3 rail GB?) used the same switch for reverse light and overdrive inhibitor, late cars (single-rail GB?) used a  different pattern switch for the reversing light.  The two are no interchangeable.

hth
bodders1

Bodders old stick, there are variations within the Spit range in respect to the early and late 'uns and the 3 and single rail uns, but the question 'GT6 and later Spitfire switches are interchangeable are they not?' - is answered 'Yes I believe so based on the good old Rimmers stuff'.
::)

I should have checked the parts manual 1st.

There are 3 different reverse light switches for the GT6 Mk3, mine should be BL part # 147471.

Some of the reverse light switches are the same as some of the OD inhibitor switches, but some have 2 electrical connectors & some have 4.

147471 is the reverse light switch for US cars fitted with seat sensors.  It has the double connectors on each side.    

Archived