Audible alarm oil pressure

John Bonnett

Having invested more than I care to admit on my engine I'm rather keen to have early warning of a catastrophic drop in oil pressure. Obviously I'll have the warning light but I've just come across this audible warning device.

http://www.thetoolboxshop.com/0-562-12-12v-low-pressure-warning-buzzer-90db-4748.html?gclid=CjwKEAjw6Z2pBRCmvaXq6d7FjUoSJAAc5Lri6TrnYWMW9BDIqIWnUSLbdwzfr4Jc2DcNqmlN8x3SlBoCVDPw_wcB

I'm guessing but assume that without a momentary disabling switch the thing will give a blast each time on start up.

Anyone have any experience or comments?

I agree with Colin (sounds familiar doesn't it).

I have done this in my rally cars over the years. In addition you could also wire in another warning light such as an indicator repeater lamp and mount that somewhere you won't miss it if it comes on.

wire it with a heated rear screen(timer) relay.

if the car won't start or has trouble starting the buzzer wont sound until the relay trips(usually 10mins)

can't remember what the connections are without seeing one but they are normally open until energized then closed until timed out,would need to reverse wire through an additional relay so the circuit is erh,..reversed so to speak. :)

just had a search and this should fit the bill......

http://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/adjustable-delay-timer-relay-delay-on-or-off-12v-10a.html?gclid=CMzL5-Sb7sQCFWrkwgodE7QA2Q