stag problems; water in the oil

Dolomite10

If you are changing or rebuilding get the pump bush as well (part 145022), if it's worn you'll destroy your new seals in no time.

For a bit less than the price of a new pump you can fit a davies craig electric.  The dolomite club produce the parts to blank of the old pump.

Tinweevil

I do have a new bush to fit, looking at it, it could be a humdinger of a thing to come out. I am tempted to pack the bush with grease then get something of the same size of the shaft to hopefully be used as a lever underneath the bush. Luckily I do respect stag engine builder experience and am definitely open to offers on this.
The electric pump sounds like a crackin idea, but one for the future if atall. Do I remember rightly in thinking there might have been an article on this in dolomite owners club magazine a while ago? Was the pump fixed speed? It would be interesting to now how the plate to seperate the water and oil is fixed in place.

Well, the way I look at it - It's great for competition use, probably.

But in daily use it just strikes me that an electrical pump is more likely to stop dead, be it for electrical failure, control problems, whatever, and the next thing you know you're sitting in a cloud of your own coolant thinking "bagga!", whereas with a mechanical pump it's usually noticable that something's not up (well, actually, I've never experienced it!).

Am I misinformed? This opinion has been built up from people I know that have tried to use them for road applications. Although saying that, some Sprint owners have had excellent service from them.

• 2 weeks later...

Your fuel pump and the rest of your car is electric and i would suggest generally reliable although i would agree that these are tried and proven in their application. From what i've read below these electric pumps may also proven so may be worth a go? I've generally found advice on this forum pretty good and reliable so you should perhaps consider further before going any further.

Archived