Hugh

How, or where, Hugh?
How, should be obvious - you need an adaptor with the two take offs on the block filter site, to connect to the cooler.
For road use you should have a thermostat.
Thing is, for road use, the thermostat may never open.  I'm not kidding; oil provides inferior lubrication if it is too hot, OR too cold, and the optimum is 100C.     It rarely goes any higher unless you are racing, towing or pass-storming.
Otherwise, suggest a oil temp gauge first!

Where: Somewhere with a clear airflow, preferably that doesn't dump the heat into the under-bonnet area.  Under the water radiator is good.

John

JohnD wrote:
Under the water radiator is good.

ON A GT6 ??????
Usual place on a Gt6 is mounted to the crossmember under the front pulley.(easily killed with a trolly jack)
I have a water heat exchanger on mine, but personaly for a conventional oil cooler I would be inclined to get longer hoses and put it in front of the rad.

Hugh,
JohnD's advise on oil temp is spot on; a street car is unlikely to need oil cooling especially if the cooling system is in good order. I would question Gt6s' location as I dont like the idea of adding the heat from the oil to the radiator's incoming air.
                                                                    Cheers,
                                                                    Paul

My chassis came with a handy bracket welded on either main rail, just in front of the radiator mountings. I was able to hang a 13 row cooler from these so that the unit hangs slightly below the radiator thereby getting a good airflow through the lower half at least. It's been there nine years now and hasn't been killed or even dented yet.

490 wrote:
My chassis came with a handy bracket welded on either main rail, just in front of the radiator mountings. I was able to hang a 13 row cooler from these so that the unit hangs slightly below the radiator thereby getting a good airflow through the lower half at least. It's been there nine years now and hasn't been killed or even dented yet.

Thanks mate

Archived