Reckon I have a clutch problem

Raider

I had a line made up at a hydraulics place and they definitely included a crush washer ... that said if it's working now you don't want to stuff it up again!

Could it be that you'd tightened it with the washer in place once, then realigned things and retightened?

I have had problems with copper washers sealing in the past, Normally because they're too hard. I now make it a habit to anneal them....heat them up to red heat then let it cool. Now nice and soft and will take up any irregularities on the contacting faces.
Tony.

Hello Martin,

normally with that fitting, there should be a copper washer, but yours looks too large a diameter. It should be a close fit to the male thread of the adapter and usually the same outer diameter or very slightly larger than across the flats of the adapter, i.e. a very thin section. Yours doesn't even look concentric when fitted in place?

Alec

Yes lots of the copper washers supplied have an oversize id Its just a bit slap dash. You can make them work if you very carefully try to centralise them as you tighten. Or go down to the local engineering supplier and get a selection that fit for future use.

Cheers
Dazzer