carmadmike

Hi just tryed to fit the distribtor drive gear to my vitesse block and have just noticed that the oil pump drive shaft bush (part no 149776) is missing. does any body know where I can get one I have tried canleys and td fitchets but no joy and they say it is unavailable. Also how is this part fitted is it just driven in to the block from the top or is there a special way of fitting it. I am realy hoping I dont have to strip down the engine to fit it. Any advise greatfully received .Thanks Mike.

The bush is pressed in from above.  I'd be amazed if it's really missing though - they don't exactly fall out usually and only the the very dedicated (racers usually) remove them to make sure the main oil gallery is completely clean and clear.

Post a picture of what you can see looking down where the distributor drive sits.....

Nick

Hi havent found out how to post pics yet but have sorced one from laceys the mg people. I am picking it up today and hopefully it will fit easily. I got the block from tony lindsey dean who is no longer about as he has disapeared again and not answering his phone. Will buy from reputable people in future. The block came without the bush in it and I didnt notice till I went to fit the distributer. Thanks for all the help and answers Mike.

Archived