Choke cable with correct label

Einar

Does anyone know where to get a choke cable with the right label on the knob? The cable and knob is available, but neither Rimmer, Canley, James Paddock delivers with the decal and window on the knob – just black. It’s for my Vitesse fitted with SU 6 carbs.

herald948 wrote:
I got one last fall from The Roadster Factory in the US; looked pretty original to me! 704873 is the part number. Canley does show that number, but apparently what they supply isn't as original, Einar?

I think that is just the knob - see pic from Rimmer: http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-704873
The knob is moulded to the cable set-up on the one I've received - and also the one presently sitting the car. It does not seem to be an easy change.

However, Did you get the entire cable with knob and the label as shown in the attached pic.? Or just the knob...?

It's all packed away at the moment, but what I bought last fall from TRF was an early Spitfire choke cable and a (separate) reproduction choke knob, which certainly appeared to be about as close to original as one could get. Someday, it's going into my '67 Sports 1200, which retains only its 12/50-style carb and manifold on what is otherwise a late Mk2 Spitfire engine. I've got a set of Spitfire "Mk1" SUs and a proper exhaust manifold that will go on the car, hopefully sometime this year. The choke cable that was on the car when I bought it two years ago was a rather pitiful generic auto parts store replacement that looked awful and functioned worse.  :-/

I browsed the web-site to TRF and realized that the cable and knob are two different part no’s. Cable part no: 401900-1 and the knob part no: 704873. I found the same parts at Rimmer (closer to Norway  ;))  â€“ and they are supposed to fit. Ordered yesterday – fingers crossed  :)