Raider

www.woolies-trim.co.uk are great for carpet but not sure if they do a kit. I think coverdale do a set. What I would say is from my experience nothing matches the superb  bright colours of the originals. Unfortunately the company that made the originals went belly up years ago.

I got a replacement set a few years ago, looks smart but not quite the right blue a little lighter and as per many carpet sets the drivers foot well stitched heel panel disintegrated in about six months or so with the carpet following soon after. A car trimmer could probably make something lovely from some of woolies wool carpet.

Probably triple the price and some more of an off the peg cheapo set though.

Not much use for Marint, but I contacted a guy in Brisbane on recommendation and he wanted $1000 to make and fit from the highest spec. Sounded like he'd do an amazing job, insulated with removable side panels, etc, etc, but will have to wait at that price.

1526 wrote:

Alan do these have the moulded/shaped cover for the rear wheelarch in estates?

No, no one is capable of doing a proper moulded piece. Best you can do is cut n shut a flat piece until it looks ok. MikeW did this and I have to say it looks very good considering the crap he started with!

This is why I left the originals in my estate throughout the resto. They are fine but dirty and faded. Being cleaned (still in place) then either sprayed or dyed back to black. Rest of estate load area is flat so should be ok. Got an NOS main carpet set (thanks Mike!), NOS front mats from stock, and then pieces of the Rimmers shite set for the sills and rear seat area.

Limited choice, but the Rimmers set is just dire.

Hello Raider,

Dazzer is right, Coverdale carpets do them, I had a set from them in their higher quality wool and was happy apart from the centre section which would need tailoring to fit neatly. Really a job for a trimmer to do as it means cutting and sewing.
Their delivery is usually quite quick, as I've had other sets from them in the past.

Alec

Contacted Coverdale about the estate rear wheel arch problem and the reply was:

Thank you for your enquiry.  Our carpet sets are cut and sewn to shape.  We do not manufacture moulded carpet sets.  The rear wheel arches are cut and sewn to shape and are included in the estate section.  Please note that the interior carpet set and the estate section carpet set are priced separately.

Presumably this means that they get the bowl shape by cutting and stitching.  Got to be worth getting a rear set for the Mk2 to see just what they are like - cannot be worse than Rimmer ones .......... :-/

Ted