Nachtrit 2023 - Dutch Night Rally

mikeyb

Dear (former) Nachtrit drivers,

The nice weather has finally started and the time has come to make nice trips by car. One of the best rides of the year for us is LTV's Nachtrit.

We have now started the first preparations for the 2023 night ride. The date is also set for October 28, so put it in your agenda. As usual, the ride will be approximately 250 km long, crossing several countries.

Last year there were really too few participants to maintain a healthy financial basis to continue organizing this event. To get an idea of what the approximate number of participants can be, we ask you to indicate by reply to this email whether you intend to participate. This is to be able to make an estimate and is not an obligation. So spread the word and get others excited to join too!!

Regards,

The organization of the LTV Nachtrit

Leon, Theo and Roger

http://nachtrit2023@hccnet.nl

This is a great event that has seen many CT crews travelling over to The Netherlands to participate in.  Navigation is via tulip diagrams and although mildly competitive, the emphasis is on the social side with some driving fun.  Entrants can just drive the route if they prefer.  No special preparation is needed, road cars are fine and the drive is on metalled roads, although we have been known to divert down an occasional farm track on more than one occasion!  If you fancy giving it a go, ping the guys a message! 

The Nachtrits have been one of my favourite  events for all the above reasons. However due to the ever increasing ferry costs ,it makes it more difficult to enter , the ferry overshadowing all other costs. We had one friend who came over a couple of weeks ago and it cost £540.00 ......compared to when we first crossed at a cost of £180.00. So until the ferry fees drop ....I doubt if we would be entering 

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I think I should log in more often to this forum. I had this idea of promoting our Nightrally again and now I see it has been already done! Thank you Mike, for bringing the event under attention. 

As stated by both Mike and Michael, the event is great fun if you fancy a nice 250km drive through the darkest parts of the most southern part of our country and Belgium. And no it's not flat, we have some proper hills over here! 😎

We used to have a big turnout from the UK, unfortunately not much has left of this. For obvious reasons as we all know expenses have increased a lot over the years. 

Anyway, this year the event will be held 28th of October, start and finish at Rolduc where you are able to book a room. So if you make it back in time, there should be plenty time for drinks at the bar! 

You can get your entry in by sending me a PM or sending an email to nachtrit2023@hccnet.nl 

Kind regards,

Roger

IMG_7335.JPG

IMG_7340.JPG

IMG_7344.JPG

IMG_7364.JPG

I think part of the problem of attracting new entries is the surprising lack of information of the event, even on the Club Triumph website.

There's no website (the one given above by Mike doesn't work), there's no details on the format of the event, no start or finish location, no idea of the entry fee, no eligibility of cars and what modifications are permitted, no information on what you require to take part such as motorsport licences, trip meters or levels of preparation or experience.

Not criticising, but how could I be encouraged to take part with the amount of information currently available?

Jim.

Edited by McJim

Hi Jim,

I think you are right, we should provide more info about the event. Back in the old days the forum worked great for us, as it was used a lot by many people. 

For now I can tell that the entree fee is only €35,- per team. It gives you coffee and vlaai at the start, a roadbook and a rallysign. Start and finish will be at Rolduc in Kerkrade, think most of us know that place. You can book a room there if you like. There are no further regulations to enter the event, all you need is a road legal car. The roadbook is set up on an easy level, so anyone can participate. We don't do complicated map reading or whatsoever, we use the tulip system for navigating. 

Think that's it. Now get your entry in Jim, we all know you want to do it!! 

Roger

Edited by GTRoger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, GTRoger said:

Think that's it. Now get your entry in Jim, we all know you want to do it!! 

Roger

Hi Roger.

Even the offer of vlaai can't tempt me right now.  Comes close though.

RBRR is the big outing this year and that's what the resources are ring-fenced for.

Always 2024 though.

Does it have to be a Triumph or can you enter a "modern" such as a 2013 1300cc Mazda 2 that I have lying around doing not much since the event I have always wanted to do is unlikely to ever run again given the current political climate.

Might even sell the Spitfire after the RBRR and buy the MX5 Mk1 that I've always had a hankering for before my elderly body cries enough.

Be good to see you and Theo again after so long.

Jim.

• Like 1

Hi Jim, yes it would be really nice to meet up again. It's been such a long time. Obviously we have the same issues when crossing the pond, it has all become very expensive. 

The event is open for all classic cars and youngtimers, so we can't accept cars like a Mazda 2. Although we had similar cars at the start as a back up car for a non running or broke down classic. So you know what to do! 

Kind Regards,

Roger

Edited by GTRoger
  • Like 1