Lots of complaints from Sponsors this year about Just Giving charging a tip on top of donations.

So I really hope the next RBRR won't be using Just Giving anymore as they are ripping off our sponsors by adding a default tip on top of their donation.

It is possible to remove this but they don't make it easy or obvious. You have to enter a custom amount on a slider and set it to zero.

A few of my sponsors have refused to use Just Giving this time around, some have sent me the money direct, but I reckon a few will have just given up on sponsoring the team when they are confronted by Just Giving's rip off default tip.

Edited by cook1e
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Wendy Dawes said:

I had to move the slider to zero twice before confirming payment. It awful that a charity should be allowed make an extra unauthorised charge charge 

Just giving is a business that wants to make a profit for its owners.

Charities like it as it saves them admin.

there are other options.

Just Giving are a great organisation BUT they aren't really very customer focused and of course, they need to make some money to cover their costs. We have in the past tried to seek help from them and even influence their process but all to no avail. They are better than the alternatives but still not perfect, sadly there isn't much else out there that works as well. 

• Like 2

There are one or two alternatives, not particulary well known and we will be looking at them for next time. However, it is up to the Charity as they tell us which collecting platform they would like us to use.

JG and such sites save money for Charities. When we supported Children with Leukaemia in 2004, I went to their offices which were a rather dickensian dingy offce that they rented from Great Ormond Street Hospital in London, never forget the stack of sponsor forms that a chap was working through to check the postcode for gift aid purposes, it was crazy. The bloke must have had the patience of a saint.

But I totally agree, we need to discuss with the next Charity.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1