Lowering block on Mk 2 Vitesse?

Damson6

Derek,

The "Lowering Block" is/was a common mod, initially to combat the allegedly notorious 'tuck-in', AKA 'jack-up' that  the swing axle is prone to.     Rotoflex or the swing spring  improved that considerably, but not entirely, either still inflicting a lot of camber change as the suspension moves.     As the Block lowers the suspension it induces more negative camber, so that the suspension has to go further to get into positive, tuck-in territory.  So popular with enthusiastic drivers!

My Silverback and successor, SofS (Son of Silverback) had/have a Rotaflex spring, although I've gone away from Rotaflex donuts to CV joints, and a 2" Block, which may be a bit excessive for a road car, as is the spring stiffness.

Thanks for your replies it helped to reassure me. I took the spring out to renew the buttons which everyone seems to advise, so will replace the block as the car seemed to sit Ok before.

The block is 3/4" thick by the way.

It also has CV joints but Rotoflex seemed an easy way to state it had a bottom wishbone?

Thanks Derek

Edited by Damson6
  • Like 1