mfa

Hi All

This is my first post as we have only recently joined after purchasing our Visesse.  The car has had a full conversion and restoration, however the hood doesn't seem to fit very well around the drivers side window, with it being 15mm (ish) inboard of the hood.  The passenger side is acceptable and after looking at the frame it all seems quite baffling.

Are there any members who live in the Manchester area (I'm based just outside Oldham) that have either a Vitesse or Herald convertible that I could perhaps have a look at to compare with, or any other guidance welcome.

Cheers

Mark

These hood frames are fiendishly  complex and can become somewhat distorted after years of use/abuse....mine was, it still is to an extent, but when you say the car was restored and converted, is it an ex saloon rear tub that's been modified, or is it a factory convertible? Or is it even  Tristan (t bar and square edged side windows) a pic
of each side may give more clues.

9540 wrote:
Not sure what the A and B pillars are???

The car was a saloon but converted with a "new" rear tub (convertible tub I think).  The hood frame appears newish, but not sure.  I will try and get a couple of photos posted.

Ta

'A' Post is at the the front of the Car where the Door Bolts on, from the Floor/sill up to the top of the Windscreen.

'B' Post the Door Shut pillar from Floor to Top of Wing on a Convertible (Floor to Roof on a Saloon)

'C' Post - Not relevant on a convertible but on a Saloon Car the Part from the top of the Rear Wing up to the top of the roof.

Well that's my understanding anyway.

Pictures will definetly help us to try and solve the problem      

garyf wrote:

'A' Post is at the the front of the Car where the Door Bolts on, from the Floor/sill up to the top of the Windscreen.

'B' Post the Door Shut pillar from Floor to Top of Wing on a Convertible (Floor to Roof on a Saloon)

'C' Post - Not relevant on a convertible but on a Saloon Car the Part from the top of the Rear Wing up to the top of the roof.

Well that's my understanding anyway.

Nearly. The B-pillar is the one behind the front doors, which may hold rear doors. The C-pillar is behind the rear doors if you have them. So a Herald doesn't have C-pillars because it's a 2-door.