Essex Winter 12 Car 2024

Good evening.

I am a member of an AEMC club and I'm considering entering if there is space.  2 questions:

1. Without joining CT it seems I cannot view the entries - are there still spaces ?

2. Since it is a MSUK clubman event, does it require 12-car rally insurance for entrants ?  We have entered numerous 12-car events in the past and have always purchased the event insurance as part of the entry process, but if this is not a timed event perhaps it is not be required ?  Mention 'rally' to your classic car insurer & they WILL say definitely say 'no'...!

Thanks !

• admin changed the title to Essex Winter 12 Car 2024

Matthew 

Many insurance policies cover non-timed navigational 12-car rallies, but don’t cover the timed ones such as the Friday evening CMC or SCCON ones, hence the minimum RTA insurance available for those events.

Worth checking the wording of your policy.

Some classic policies even include “competition insurance as standard “ which is very useful.

Cheers Colin

Edited by thescrapman

9 hours ago, thescrapman said:

Many insurance policies cover non-timed navigational 12-car rallies,

Worth giving them a ring to check.  Emphasise that this event is an un-timed map reading and navigational drive, with the competitive element being based on interpreting the clues and reading the map correctly. Historically, most insurers have been ok with this.

Edited by mikeyb