Seized GT6 passenger door lock

Ben Hutchings

It’s been about 12 months since I last unlocked the GT6 passenger door, and the lock is not budging. I’ve put as much pressure on twisting the key as I dare, it’ll break in the lock with any more.

I’ve fired some GT85 into the keyhole more than 24h ago and that’s not helped. I was gonna remove door card to take a look, but it’s wedged in place when door is closed.

Any ideas? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... inside handle has resistance. And I can hear something moving (scraping) inside but the door is solid. The window is really really stiff but I think when it’s darker I’ll try wind it right down and peer inside with a torch.

I don’t fancy destroying a door card to get to the mechanism 😖

• 1 month later...

Just a follow-up. It turns out the lock was seized, and still is, but the door would open from the inside. I just wan't giving it enough shoulder from the inside.
It'd probably been a good 2+ years since the passenger door was last opened and over that time the door rubbers, rust, gunk etc had made a very good seal around the door 😂

*case closed*

Patience with the lock itself. People think a squirt of release oil and bingo but no sometimes it takes repeated squirts over weeks to free things off.

oh and in future try to find some friends who want to come out in the car😁