Carb questions

BurArrow

Hi all,

Dismantling to clean and service my B30 PSE1 carb, turns out the new fuel pump was over pressuring and causing a slight leak doh!

I've been following the service manual for this carb and my one has subtle differences about where the strangler interconnect lever (20) attaches, mine is on the accelerator pump arm side but appears to function properly so probably isn't an issue.

But most puzzling is the lack of the non-return ball valve (45) in the accelerator pump chamber, perhaps the previous owner lost it but I cant work out where it should sit if I was to get a new ball. I assume without a ball valve any pump actuation would push fuel back into the bowl and not out of the gooseneck, does anyone know where it should sit or if it is needed and what size ball I need?

Canley classics doesn't seem to have a ball in the chamber: https://www.canleyclassics.com/?catalogue=triumph-herald-1200&diagram=triumph-herald-1200-solex-carburettor-b30pse1-late

Also found that I have a ball baring underneath the plunger of the anti siphon valve (58) which looks like is probably not meant to be there and could be the offending piece?

image.thumb.png.9f34026047273a972f7a6665a38b84bd.png

image.thumb.png.fbb2948dda36002e45771aab1bce2689.png

Edited by BurArrow