iggy

hi all just put put a deposit on a 1972 mk2 pi on carbs, well i hope it was a pi, the guy who owns it told me the engine in it was seized so he acquired another pi engine and fitted it, this engine has the engine no mg21110he stamped on it. do any of you guys no what year or model the engine would have come from? ill be giving more info on the the car when me and Radders have picked up next sunday  

Yes MG is MkII PI

ME is MkII 2000.

PI cues are, black vinyl on rear pillers (Saloon) with PI badges, black front grill with 2500 Injection badge (not bare aluminium grill) black gauge surrounds, Black plastic trin on rear light panel surrounding number plate, 2500 centre badge on steering wheel, clock on dash in middle by air vent, separate fuel, temp, voltage gauges, commission number should also start MG.

This is for pre face-lift PI's (1970-1974)

Should be an inertia switch in the engine bay (gray plastic tube on bulkhead), also air resevoir for brake servo (big black cannister by radiator), two pipes from boot to engine bay (supply and return).

Even if carbs are fitted, then if its a real PI there should be evidence of the above.

, it has  the separate gauges with black surrounds, black plastic panel behind no plate, black vinyl rear pillars with pi badges, it has the bare alloy grill,cant remember what the steering wheel was,no canister near radiator, did have pi on log book plus 13" rostyle type wheel trims also a different type of air intake grill for the heater, thanks for the Info Richard b

You have the earlier Mk2 PI engine with the 308778 cam and larger exhaust valves.  Rated at 132 bhp.  Later ones (from MG750000 IIRC) had the 125 bhp cam and smaller exhaust valves being very similar in spec to the later detuned CR series TR6.  Think that happened some time in 1973.

You've got the right one IMO.

Nick

ok il pop over and see poo when im in st ives itl be a while though as iv now got quite a lot of work to do on the new triumph, ive got another mk2 preface lift which il be removing alot of parts ive fitted to it over the last 3 years to fit on the new one and save as spares