Did the price of spares just jump up?

RC67GT6

I’ve worked for 2 companies that were bought by venture groups. No interest in the product only interested in making their money back (and more) quickly. Prices went up considerably. Rimmers was already a bit pricey.

Sadly this is not Venture Captial which would probably enhance the offering, but Private Equity.  Some brief differences below….

• Private equity is capital invested in a company or other entity that is not publicly listed or traded.
  • Venture capital is funding given to startups or other young businesses that show potential for long-term growth.
  • Private equity and venture capital buy different types of companies, invest different amounts of money, and claim different amounts of equity in the companies in which they invest.

Not universally true as there are exceptions, but generally VC is good and PE not so good!

It's a shame, I was happy to get stuff from Moss from time to time, but won't use Rimmers unless they are the only possible source. My usage of Moss dropped a lot when they stopped opening weekends - it was great to be able to pop in for stuff if they had it stock-on-hand.

Well if all goes as normal 🤪 they will assign an accountant as the business lead for the entire company. Kind of like Boeing aircraft did, talk about loss of quality.

Regards                                                                                                                                                                                Rob