distributor identification

Upriis

Many thanks for that link (most informative)
anyone know where I could get a replacement set of points from?
the dizzy was supplied as a new "modified advance" unit by jigsaw to match the charateristics of my 2.5 stage 3 fast road 89 modified engine.
the dizzy is a vacumn advance unit as per attached photo.
Many Thanks
Neil

cheers for the tip barryh
I have purchased from retro rockets before. very cheap and good customer service
the £ to $ rate at the moment would make it even more beneficial and delivery is quick as they deliver from the UK.
I just need to know exactly which ignitor 2 model to order
Cheers Neil

upriis wrote:
cheers for the tip barryh
I have purchased from retro rockets before. very cheap and good customer service
the £ to $ rate at the moment would make it even more beneficial and delivery is quick as they deliver from the UK.
I just need to know exactly which ignitor 2 model to order
Cheers Neil

I don't think they make an Ignitor 2 for the Lucas 22/25/45 distriubutors.  Only the original model is offered for them.

Pertronix' website is at
http://www.pertronix.com/

Their catalog is at
http://www.pertronix.com/catalogs/pdf/ptx/2007/ptx_2007.pdf

The Lucas section on page 16 shows no 45D6 exactly, but a 45De6 & a 45Dm6.  They require different kits.  Next question is whatsa DE & a DM , & what do you have?

Visited Pertronix UK today (just down the road from me)
They do have a kit for my distributor (it is listed for a 43D6 but fits the 45D6)
For information they also have brand new high quality electronic distributors based on the lucas ones. They can also supply high quality dizzy caps and rotor arms (caps have brass or copper contacts instead of the usual aluminium)
Not sure how, but it is far cheaper to order from retro rockets in the USA than give the man in the UK who will post it to you the money for it???
hopefully I will never need to search for points again and have a contact for reliable caps and rotor arms.
I will post how well it works when i get and fit it
Many thanks for the help.

Leon Guyot went with a Mallory distributor for the reasons you mentioned (quality & availability of rotors & caps), & added an electronic ignition.

Just remember that apparently none of these aftermarket distributors (Mallory, Pertronx, 123, etc.) has a drive for the tachometer cable.  Fitting one requires putting together an electronic taco meter from various pieces.

I finally bought a Pertronix setup for my GT6 a few months ago; the best price I found in the US was
http://classicgarage.com/

I just got from the Pertronix catalog the part number for the kit for my Lucas 22D6 distributor (LU-166A), then did a search for that on the web.

Archived