Stag/2000 Koni Strut Inserts -where to buy?

mikeyb

The Stag has started to get a bit twitchy, I have decided the time for a suspension overhaul is due.

I'll be looking for a pair of Koni's shock absorber inserts for the front struts and recall reading somewhere that they are a lot cheaper to buy in Germany.

Of course I can't find the thread  now!

Can anyone confirm (or deny this)? 🙂

I got Koni dampers for the Vitesse from Bastuck in Germany for a fair bit less than UK prices.  They don't obviously list them for the saloons though (maybe I's just too stupid 🤔).

I've previously bought KYB dampers and inserts for the PI (and A6) from Camskill - dunno if they do Koni.......

Nick

Quoted from Nick Jones
I got Koni dampers for the Vitesse from Bastuck in Germany for a fair bit less than UK prices.  They don't obviously list them for the saloons though (maybe I's just too stupid 🤔).

I've previously bought KYB dampers and inserts for the PI (and A6) from Camskill - dunno if they do Koni.......

Nick

Camskill's parts dept closed on 30th Sept.                  They still sell tyres though

Quoted from mikeyb

Camskill's parts dept closed on 30th Sept.                  They still sell tyres though

Oh, balls!  I was going to buy some more KYB dampers for the A6, as they appear to be knackered again. I blame the 12 Car rallies, I'm sure the epic mileage (~ 100k on this set) has nothing to with it  .

Does imply it will re-open but no clues when.

Why not give Mr Shackford a call?

Nick