Rear trunnion bushes - Roto

Freebird

I need to replace the rear trunnion bushes on one side of the Vitesse and have a new Spitfire kit on the shelf. They are only about 3 years old, so the bolt should come out easily enough.

Anyone know if the Roto versions are simply doubled up non roto jobbies? If so I can save a few bob and buy a second Spitty kit

Yes, I do squeak when I walk  ;)

Also a bit miffed that they have worn out so fast. Modern poor quality I suspect. I have never touched the other side and there is no play in them at all.

Any tricks to made the new set last longer?

Roto different from from swing axle - sorry!

Normally pretty long lasting.  Can get poly versions from Chris Witor (just as hard as the originals but without the dust caps I think).  Always mean to try a set - until I see the price.......  (another skin-flint  :P)

Nick

Glenn, I have the paddock ones on my spit. Which hasn't turned a wheel under its own power yet....
Seem OK, not as hard as the original nylon versions though. I doubt that will be an issue. Hopefully will last OK. Feel free to pop by if you want a proper look.