H4 halogen conversion kit - LHD

Einar

Anyone know where I can get H4 halogen conversion kit for Triumph Vitesse, 5 ¾” bulged headlamps for LHD (i.e. right dip). Canley and Rimmer do not provide them, James Paddock can have them imported from France for around £120,- …… a bit expensive.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

Practical Classics magazine did and article on fitting Halogens to a Vitesse in the Octover 2007 issue. They got theirs from here.

http://www.s-v-c.co.uk/

They also used two twin filament units with one pair having a RH dip and the other pair a LH dip. There is a switch under the bonnet to change from one to the other. So in the UK, the outer pair were used for dip and on the continent, the inner pair.

Clever eh?

It's illegal to have four dipped headlights apperently.

Cheers

Glen.

Having spent years reading the construction and use for lighting I would agree 4 on dip is strictly excess   but My Vits had all 4 on dip /main for the last 3 MOT and as its not written down to check the 4 they only check outers for dip and have never contested the fact that there's 4 all alight   very illuminating at night  just make sure the alignment is correct  for dazzle  Peter  

Archived