What Gearbox/diff

hurricane36

Hi can anyone help. I am trying to establish what gearbox and diff should have been fitted to my 1969 (Dec) GT6 MK2. The car was exported to Hong Kong (Jan 1970) and re imported in the mid 1970's

The BMH Cert states that it was fitted with OD. So I assume the Serial numbers should be Gearbox KC 50,001+ and Diff KD 50,001+ Yes/No

On another matter did triumph ever stamp their gearboxes numbers with the suffix S and also fix a tag on the gearbox extension with a four digit serial number and if so what did it indicate?  

ta

GT6's where available with either a 3.89 or 3.27 Ratio Diff, normally with Overdrive the 3.89 was fitted, but I believe you could have had 3.27 with O/D as a special request?

On the Vitesse models the O/D is denoted by the letter O at the end of the Commission Number on the Plate riveted on the left side of the bulkhead, presumably GT6's should be similar?

Extra tags & letters/numbers where fitted to reconditioned engines, so they may have done similar to Gearboxes, never seen it myself though.

Regards

Gary