13/60 inner halfshaft replacement

A TR7 16V

I have a 1970 13/60 diff where one of the inner halfshafts has sheared, but is otherwise repairable. I think this will be part number 149117.

Any suggest for where I might find one without disassembling a complete diff to rob it.

If that's the way, does anyone have an easy way to spot the later diff from the early ones from pics on eBay?

Graham

Quoted from glang-

The explanation in Canleys technical archive is pretty good and theres one on ebay at the moment but not sure without contacting the vendor whether its right or not.....

The one on eBay's an earlier one that I suspect is too weak for the Spit engine I have in the herald - cos I fitted a 1250 diff and it broke in a couple of weeks.

Graham

Quoted from thescrapman-

You get thick shafts with both small bolt and large bolt flanges.

thin shafts only have small bolt flanges

I fitted small bolt thick shaft flanges to a Vitesse 3.89 diff so I didn't have to change the drive shaft flanges in my Mk3 Spitfire

Colin, I think vitesse 1600 are small shaft/big holes. Just to add to the possibilities...

Don't the retailers keep recon shafts? I have a resealed big shaft/big holes be here somewhere....

Quoted from glang-

Think youre right Clive and although the guy on ebay says Herald/Spitfire it needs measuring up to be sure....

What measurement should I ask him to make?

As to hole size, if these are small as he says they either fit my outer shaft or I drill them to fit.

Graham

well it looks like theres quite a few variations such as number of splines, 18 or 20 (the former has an OD of 20mm and the latter unknown but bigger) and the bearing used is different ID 22.2mm or 25mm (this is the second biggest shoulder at the flange end). Hope this helps.... 

Quoted from glang-

well it looks like theres quite a few variations such as number of splines, 18 or 20 (the former has an OD of 20mm and the latter unknown but bigger) and the bearing used is different ID 22.2mm or 25mm (this is the second biggest shoulder at the flange end). Hope this helps.... 

Is  149117 20 splines, like the one in eBay? I was under the impression the ones from the 1360 and earlier 1200/1250s were the same on that score - I see the pun there, but it was accidental.

I'll ask the eBay vendor about the bearing shoulder at the flange end though.

Graham