Refitting Rotoflex Rear Hubs

MarkB

Hi all

It's been a long time since I last did this in situ, but I pulled the hubs on my GT6 Mk2 to replace the studs with M12's which I previously did on my Vitesse, but that was on the bench. The hubs were under load when I removed the hub nut and now when I slide them back onto the driveshaft spline there are not enough threads to get a nut started. I think I need to remove the leaf spring from the carriers to release the load to get the hub nut started. Is this the case or is the force being created by the rubber doughnut? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Hi
Got everything back together. I removed the leaf spring as I decided to remove the 1' spacer block from the diff. Removing the leaf spring made no difference in releasing the tension to get the hubs back on. The tension was caused by the roto flex couplings and it was a matter of carefully pulling the shaft through using an old hub nut with no washer, then adding a thin washer and pulling it through until I could get the original washer with a few threads through. Just be careful if you end up doing this as It would be easy to strip the threads.  

Mark