Someone seems to be spreading wrong information that crews fuel costs can be deducted from the money that crews collect in pledges for the Charity. I can categorically state that this is not the case, so please don't! One of the reasons for doing this event is to raise money for CWL.

That's absolutely unbelievable!

I've also heard of some more people who are intending to follow the group round Tim.

Perhaps we should make up some of our own signs for the rear window saying "We Collected for Charity, Did You?"

This is getting a bit depressing- do these people understand what the aim of this event is?

I would welcome the chance to have a little chat with them and correct them on this mis-understanding.

Do they not realise that they are jeopardising the future of this event. There are many reasons why this could but in doubt the future of the RBRR, the obvious one being that entered crews have paid between £100 - £200 to participate- how will they feel when they see these freeloaders cadging on for nothing. They obviously will be annoyed and probably demand a refund.
The other main problem will be that the control stops are already going to be very busy- more cars and people will put extreme pressure on the stops.
Of course the other problem is that their actions could affect the reputation of Club Triumph, this would be a disaster that after 38 years of running this event with no problem.

This possible action by supposed Triumph enthusiasts just makes no sense.

Tim Bancroft
07966 289 782
01784 465 351

Ok... sounds like we need a couple of the larger RBRR entrants to form an RBRR police squad... if we're all displaying our RBRR stickers or whatever we have - then it should be obvious which Triumphs arent kosher.

They can have a word with them at the fuel stops etc not much they can do... but at least point out that they should be paying etc...

You distract them, I'll let down their tyres ;) (damn... they'll be at a petrol station with easy access to air...)

James

I totally agree with Tim...  this is a charity event that has run for years...  It takes a hell of a lot of organisation and setting up, negotiating late opening of fuel stops, marshalls etc.  The numbers this year are higher than ever before, which means already busy stops will be at capacity.  If this number gets any larger, it may change the minds of many people that have been happy to help in the past because they don't want the hassle.  :-/

I suppose what I'm saying is, you know who you are... please bear in mind what this event is about and that is it organised by Club Triumph. Don't risk spoiling the future of the event, just join the club and make sure you get your entry in early enough next time.

Failing that, if you're desparate to do the route, fine - just don't do it the same weekend as we are !!!

I'll get off my soap box now... ::)

Archived