Patrick and Blake from the USA are Reserve crew no.1!

Dedication on the Triumph front to bring a GT6 here from America, drive 2000 miles and then go home. If they get an entry, which is very probable, they must win the spirit of the run award.

Got to say I am delighted that two guys from the USA would come over and do our event (Using a GT6 as well), delighted is probably too small a word- overwhelmed seems more appropriate.

Anyone have any views on this!

Yes - I thoroughly agree with you, Tim ... assuming it's not a wind up.

Shame it puts so much pressure on you, Tim !!! You know how upset American's get about things when they don't meet up to expectations! (only kidding, i'm sure it'll be fantastic)

I think we'll have to make some sort of reciprocal gesture, certainly.

...ok let's start preparing jokes about "Road Maps" and the East Midlands!

• 3 weeks later...

Please see amended entry list, note crew 29 has had to withdraw, however this makes space for Patrick and Blake from Michigan to enter!!!!

You are right Graham stating that we need to think about going to the States next year! I could possibly be persuaded to take the GT6 over.

Anyone else?

• 1 month later...

Had a withdrawal this week- Dave Jenkins in his rather nice Herald 1200 convertible, this now means that we have another Big Saloon among the ranks of entered cars.

Shall we re-name the RBRR 'The Triumph 2000 Round Britain Reliability Run' or '2000 miles in a 2000'?

Only kidding as the sight of these magnificent cars steaming past on the A1 at high speeds looking like they are attached by ubilical cords is one of the joys of the RBRR.

By the way 70 days to go!

Archived