Firstly congratulations to everyone who succeeded in finishing this years RBRR and commiserations to those of you who failed to complete it despite your valiant efforts. I know how you mustfeel following my own early exit on last years 10CR!

Your message diary has certainly provided myself and friends with a constant source of interest, making us determined to have a go in 2010. One of us has a Bond Equipe 2 Ltr and we are not sure whether it is eligible to enter as the regulations state Vehicles: The event is open to crews of two or more in any model of Triumph motor car.

The church of Triumph is a welcoming place, cars with Triumph "DNA" are welcome, we have accepted "Specials" in the past so Triumph based kit cars, Bonds, Hurricanes, Swallows, Doves, Standards, Hondas with different badges on, etc are all welcome. The spirit of the rules is inclusive. I dare say that if someone joined the Club with intention of bending those rules with a Lotus 7 stating "it's got Triumph uprights in it" then we may have to decline but I'm not sure that's happened yet nor is it likely to, Lotus drivers are all too busy polishing :-)

Jason wrote:
The church of Triumph is a welcoming place, cars with Triumph "DNA" are welcome, we have accepted "Specials" in the past so Triumph based kit cars, Bonds, Hurricanes, Swallows, Doves, Standards, Hondas with different badges on, etc are all welcome. The spirit of the rules is inclusive. I dare say that if someone joined the Club with intention of bending those rules with a Lotus 7 stating "it's got Triumph uprights in it" then we may have to decline but I'm not sure that's happened yet nor is it likely to, Lotus drivers are all too busy polishing :-)

Jason - Glad to see you're home safely - commiserations to you and Dave Pearson given your valiant attempt with the Atlas. Will it be competing on the 10CR I wonder?

There are potentially 5 people with Triumphs(and a Bond!) interested in the 2010 RBRR from the Marden Motor Club, having followed everyones exploits on the message diary, plus that's a potential 4 new members as well if they all commit themselves.

Well done

Steve

Archived