Dad and I again this year (form in the post today ;)), Amanda's slipped disc back in August has left her unable to stand 48hrs in a car. There's always 2016 and beyond for her though.
How about a thread for father and son crews or just family ones?

Colin.

• 2 weeks later...

CRAJ wrote:
How about a thread for father and son crews...

I would'nt know about that but three of my daughters have been part of my crews (at various times). Natasha is supposed to be taking part (again) this time. Although now she is 25 Jess is angling to drive the PI if her Coupe does not get entered.

Richard_B wrote:

I would'nt know about that but three of my daughters have been part of my crews (at various times). Natasha is supposed to be taking part this time. Although now sh is 25 Jess is angling to drive the PI if her Coupe does not get entered.

And don't you think that is just another highlight of the RBRR Richard, being able to do the run as a family if you wish?
I hope in the future that not only will my son Callum do it again with me (but as a driver rather than 11year old passenger), but also both of our daughters when old enough.
It's a cracking event and one that needs the next generation joining to carry on.

Colin

Well Dad will be 68 and a half by Oct next year, I like to think he has a couple left in him at least.
We have already discussed it and he knows that as long as he wants to do it, he will always have a seat with me, in fact he would need to tell me he didnt want to before I had automatically put his name on the form as co-driver.

It's important to think about the next generation and RBRR continuing in the long term future, it wont be that long until it's the present!

Colin

I think with the massive increase and take up in recent years, the future of the RBRR is safe for now.

Still, how cool is it that there are lots of us talking about doing it way into the future!

I know Craig Bennett always talked about his daughter taking part, when she was about 7!............ in 2014, she is driving!

AlanChatterton wrote:
2024 RBRR. My daughters will be 17 and 18 then. Team Chatterton........... uh, I'll be 52 then!

Youngster ........ :)

Just worked out that if all goes well and brother Phil (the sensible one) and I make the start line the average age of ourselves and the Mk1 saloon would be 62.67 years - for our first go at the event.  There must be others that can better this.

MUT