I've often wondered, is there a database of cars used in the RBRR? If not, would one be useful? Personally if I buy a Triumph my first thought is to wonder if it has ever entered and completed the event. I'd take a rough guesstimate that maybe 1600 different cars have entered the event over the years? If the data is there in paper form I'd happily (but very slowly) input the data. Hopefully with info of which events the car has entered and which ones it has completed. Possibly even crew names and colour? I'm a sad fecker, I just think it'd be interesting for a lot of people to help see their cars past life.

Doubt 1600no.

958 crews and cars have successfully completed the event.

Pre 2004, retirement was say 4 per event, doubt if for the first 5 that any retired as the cars were so new. Since 2004 (When I took over!!!) the drop out has averaged 10no. 23 RBRR so far therefore (18 x 4) + (5 x 10) =122 Therefore I reckon 1080 cars and crews have started the RBRR. Big amount of duplication though.

Tim
I have the figures for entries, withdrawals, starters, finishers and non finishers from 1966 to 2006 and can email them to you if interested, Success rates during the years when the cars were still being made were not always 100%, but  the average is well over 90%
Derek