Not sure if this is the place to start this, or whether there will be some more formal logging of Spares closer to the date, but this is what I've got in the boot of my Spitfire now and what I am taking with me.

Spitfire 1500

Plugs, points, condensor, Dizzy cap
12V coil
Clutch slave cylinder
Seal kits for Brake and Clutch master cylinders
Set of water hoses
Main lighting switch(used)
Nearside vertical link (new)+nearside upper ball joint (unless I fit it before the run)
Fan belt
Bulbs (lots!)
Gaskets - Head, Thermostat, manifolds

Also 1500 Spit I have;

Fuel pump seal kit, fan belt, spark plugs, HT Lead set, electrical connectors (bullets, crimps, spades etc) and a quantity of wire, bulbs (dont forget to convert the beam!), jointing compound, top and bottom water hoses, new jubilee clips, thermostat, 2 litre water bottle (full!) 5 litre fuel can (full!) and toolbox.

Immodium seemed to be carried a lot last time (Jason?)

In addition to the normal personal toiletries

<li>Immodium or a cork
    </li> <li>Baby wipes - useful for greasy hands and a runny bottom
    </li> <li>Headache pills
    </li> <li>Hangover cure - Barocca, Resolve, that sort of thing
    </li> </ul>

[quote by=thescrapman link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1179487647,s=7 date=1179501005]

Dave

It needs to be a spare bulb of every type fitted to the car.

May add 100g to your 'all-up' weight. Make your passenger go commando, that should equal things out.

Cheers

Colin [/quote]

A good EP90 enema will shed pounds too

[quote by=davesideways link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1179487647,s=10 date=1179558732]

Sounds like a waste of space to me, you not heard of shops and garages? They usually have these items, in fact they are usually better than here, or are you like most british and assume as soon you leave England you cannot buy anything?

Once again, I will be taking a spare bulb for the headlight.

[/quote]

Dave

It is a legal requirement in France (and possibly others) to have a complete set of bulbs in the car, that was why I mentioned it..

;D

Same as having a day-glo jacket within reach of the driver in the car.

Are you saying you are too 'financially astute' to buy a couple of spare bulbs or that you haven't dismantled loads of old Triumphs like what some of us have so have bags of bulbs???

Would you like a set???

:-)

Colin

• 1 month later...

Burnerboy wrote:
    Also 1500 Spit I have;

Fuel pump seal kit, fan belt, spark plugs, HT Lead set, electrical connectors (bullets, crimps, spades etc) and a quantity of wire, bulbs (dont forget to convert the beam!), jointing compound, top and bottom water hoses, new jubilee clips, thermostat, 2 litre water bottle (full!) 5 litre fuel can (full!) and toolbox.

Immodium seemed to be carried a lot last time (Jason?)

spare wiring harness and fuses and plenty of wire?

Archived