For me the big book maps are a pain.  Need extra strong reading glasses.  Also you are now on page 5 but the next ajoining map is on page 34.  On the last 10CR I saw someone with the old type gas station folding maps.  I would like those better.  

Sat/Nav can be the thing to have but:

Be sure it is up to date
Be sure you type the correct destination into it
Be sure if you have way points you know how to tell it to by pass or not to take you backwards
Trust me we had three last time and all of the above happened to us

Don't think that just because you see the car in front of you with 3 Sat/Nav's on the windscreen know's where it is going!

problem is with Sat Navs they take you the directest or shortest route, very rarely done on the 10CR. If you have one where you can enter the exact route then it might be worth spending some time putting the route into it. But even that does not always work, ask me  :)

AndyF

Spiral bound A4 sized map books are good. We used these on the last 10CR (thanks scrapman) and were just the right size for a Spitfire cockpit. The route was pre-marked in pink highlight pen from the roadbook supplied by Ellis.

We used both the maps and satnav - mainly the maps during the day, and the satnav at night when one of us was sleeping. Satnav is also useful of course for showing the road ahead and warning you that you are about to drive off the side of an Alp.

sparky_spit wrote:
Spiral bound A4 sized map books are good. We used these on the last 10CR (thanks scrapman) and were just the right size for a Spitfire cockpit. The route was pre-marked in pink highlight pen from the roadbook supplied by Ellis.

We used both the maps and satnav - mainly the maps during the day, and the satnav at night when one of us was sleeping. Satnav is also useful of course for showing the road ahead and warning you that you are about to drive off the side of an Alp.

Ditto both points
lark wot e sed!

Archived