Hi. I'm restoring a 1500 Spitfire and intend to give it a little more oomph with some subtle engine mods via Jigsaw Racing. I'd like to do some track days and maybe some hillclimbing but a question from Mark at Jigsaw got me thinking about what hillclimbs are available for a modified Spitfire? I used to race but don't intend (I don't think) competing in a championship again at the moment so are there hillclimb events I could enter in an informal way that means I don't have to worry too much about championship regulations with regard to the engine mods?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I used to hillclimb a 1600 Vitesse in competition in the mid to late '70's and a 2.5 PI later on and good suspension set up and torque. Plenty of torque is the key ingredient. The Vitesse had the torque which matched the 2 litres cars up any hill. Though on the track it was lost a little, Horse power was needed, that's until the 2.5 PI came into my ownership. 😉