Goodwood thankyou

trackerjack

Well what a fantastic day wife Diane and I had at Goodwood on the CT track day organised by Chris Shaw.
Chris still spoke to me despite me calling him Richard for some reason (senility on my part :B)

The weather held fine and the most of the cars held it together too. We had a good mix and as last year I liked the little Standard 10 which was joined by a rash of very well driven Volvo's.
My own Quantum RS turbo was a hoot to drive with no drama's.
It now goes to sleep for the winter and will emerge in April 2014.
I had to smile as Diane drove round with speeds up to 100 and wondered what her pupils would think of her as her day job is a driving instructor.
Thanks again to all for making it possible.

Yes, thanks Chris for organising it and giving those tips as a passenger for my initial laps, I thoroughly enjoyed the day. It was odd to be on the track with it so quiet, there was at least one session where I didn’t see another car after the first few minutes. It was the first track day I’ve done in the Stag and was amazed it got through the noise test without needing my wire-wool stuffed tail pipes – it registered 94db.

The car behaved itself and seemed to corner nice and flat, I just need to look into a weird vibration at high speed. This would come and go at different points of the circuit, but not always at the same point and speed, so I’m suspecting the drivetrain is shifting a bit. I’ll look at the engine/gearbox and sub-frame mounts over the winter as one exhaust manifold is very close to the front chassis rail and it probably wouldn’t take much force to make it touch.

Had a good run home too, the M23/M25/A12 weren’t too bad at all and did it in 3 hours.

Agree with the guys above, thank you to Chris and the team at Goodwood for a great day. It was really good of you to sort out a nice sunny day for us.
A good mix of cars all being nicely driven.
Was pleasantly surprised that the standard Sprint didn't hold anyone up, albeit squealing like mad round the corners, on the door handles and with the inside rear spinning up through Lavant corner - good job the slippers going in over winter! But she does need a bit more poke.
Thanks again for a great day.

I was a rather minimalist with my photo and video taking yesterday, but here's a couple of brief videos taken from the top of the pit lane.

One of the Barkers in the Herald and the McNeill Standard :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8tWrnV0IlY

The Acclaim :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFWQf6rhvE0

trackerjack wrote:

I had to smile as Diane drove round with speeds up to 100 and wondered what her pupils would think of her as her day job is a driving instructor.

Good for Diane  ;)

Thank you to all who came and enjoyed a belter of a day, for November it really could not have been better.

I am pleased we got 12 Triumphs out, that compares with the original interest of 15, it is a shame that only 5 non-Triumphs turned up.  But what a surprise those Volvos were !

Our thanks must go to Goodwood Circuit who laid on and bankrolled the day.  They enjoy us coming to their circuit and are already talking about next year.........

Diane and I have some friends with a variety of cars ranging from Clio 170 to Lambo Gallardo who would like to participate if thats okay (he drives the Lambo like he stole it!) 8) 8)
I like Triumph people and though I am not driving a Triumph as long as you guys make us welcome you are stuck with us :)

Hi Jon

Next years day would likely have the same format as this years and be for cars first built from 1950 to 1989.  Unfortunately neither of those cars would qualify, but 5 Turbo and Miura would.  If you have friends with cars that are permitted ok course you can bring them  :)

A whole file of pics will be enormously large.  Are the individual pics too big?    640 x 480 is about the max that is sociable, and that allows the pics to be conveneiently seen as part of a thread.

If it is that the pics are too big, do you use Windows and do you have "Resize pics" as one of the items in the drop-down menu under "File"?
Go to the "My Pictures" folder .
Select a pic to be compressed.
Left-click on "File", then on "Resize pics".
Select the size you want - suggest 640 x480, as above.
A copy will be added to your folder called "originaltitle.format(Small)"

Upload the 'small' copies.
JOhn