Southminster Autotest - Result

sparky_spit

3 CT members contested the Wickford Auto Club's Southminster grass autotest today, as an invited club. Weather and the event were excellent, with 6 different tests being run twice each. Once the dew had burnt off the grass, grip was pretty good, but still provided plenty of sideways action round the gates. Hopefully Floyd can post some video footage later?

"That Girl in the Herald" did it again, winning her class and coming top of the CT entrants. Overall results for the 6 best runs were very close in the CT group, with Katie Foreman 1st, myself (Mike Banks) 2nd about 1 sec adrift, and Doug Foreman 3rd about 2 secs later.

What's more, Katie managed to blag a couple of runs in a guy's Caterham, and then proceeded to beat his best time by 0.8 sec after only her 2nd run. What can you say?

A great time was had by all and we were made to feel very welcome. All in all, a super day out.

Hi Martin - The car was a 1500 Spitfire, NRT 22P (which my wife points out is about all it's worth...) I'm part of the Essex group.

Mike B - the Ka seemed to going okay but had big problems with overheating. They couldn't get enough airflow through the thing, not helped by warm weather, relatively low speeds/high revs and a bit of queuing at times.

Archived