2017 11th of March Dutch Chinese Night rally

GTRoger

Entries are open for the 14th edition already of the infamous "Nacht van het Oosten" nightrally, for most of you better known as the "Chinese Rally" !  For those who don't know, It's a 180KM navigation rally that leads through the darkest roads of the eastern part of the Netherlands. It's not about speed, it's all about having fun with your road car. There are two competition classes, first the easy one which only involves navigating by tulips. Second there is the more challenging class which also includes mapreading and speed regularyties, As in previous editions, start and finish will be at a Chinese restaurant and of course there will be a healty buffet before you take off!

All details:
Date : Saturday 11th March
Start + finish : Restaurant Hong Kong City Wesepe http://www.hkcity-wesepe.nl/
Dinner starts 16.30, rally starts 18.00
Entree fee: € 27,50 per car.
Dinner: € 17,50 pp (all in)

If you would like to join in, please send me a PM with all details about driver, co-driver, car + reg.no and if you would like to compete in the "Tour" or "Sports" class.  

Would be great to see many UK entrants in 2017!

Roger

• 3 weeks later...

Second UK entry. Tomboy will be joining Gerty (bit of girl on girl action there then!). Roger, I'll send a PM as requested. Just booked long weekend on Stena Line Harwich-Hoek Van Holland (50% off all year if booked before 29 Jan using code JAN1).

We are leaving on an overnight ferry on Thursday, stopping for a night at Utrecht, after the event we're off to Osnabruck to visit my brother. This will be my fourth Night Rally and really looking forward to it, as is Mrs Bear!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well done! Looking forward seeing you and Sarah in the GT6. Pulled mine out of the shed yesterday and seems to be running well, so fingers crossed!

What do you mean by last minute instructions? For now or before the start of the rally?

OK, well, what I'll do is turn up at the Chinese restaurant in the afternoon, I assume the road-book will be handed out before and the first page at the start. Just bear in mind that the instructions, as in previous Nachtrits, are verbally given out in Dutch and there may be a blank look from me and one or two others. It would be nice if the road-book might have a translation or two.

However, the most important thing is where are we having beers afterward??

Quoted from Don Cook
I assume the road-book will be handed out before and the first page at the start. Just bear in mind that the instructions, as in previous Nachtrits, are verbally given out in Dutch and there may be a blank look from me and one or two others. It would be nice if the road-book might have a translation or two.

That is indeed the plan.  Roadbook beforehand with first page at your starting time.
Translation?  Maybe Rutger one of the more proficient locals can give a short briefing in english...  I shall not be at the start so cannot perform that task.  You may see me at the half way stop.

Julian

Everybody ready for darkness... ?

No worries about the Dutch language. Even Theo and René can manage 🙂
The road book is in tulips with hardly any Dutch words so that should not have to be a problem?
There is a short translation of the most important issues in the Regulations.
These have been sent by e-mail, however Radders' mail did not seem to have arrived due to an incorrect address?
It will also be available for foreign entries at the start.

Our "international liaisons officer" Roger will gladly be of assistance if you have any questions 😉
The same goes for our "staff" at the start, including yours truly!

Rutger Kwant
Area organiser CTH Regio Oost