Master cylinder brackets

Perfect 65

Are there different height master cylinder brackets? My clutch master cylinder bracket is higher than the brake bracket. Reason I am asking is that the boot on the brake cylinder/pedal has never fitted that well and the tip of the pedal near the clevis seems to be touching it. Also the angle of the brake bracket is slightly lower. Is this right or has someone previously fitted a rogue. I suspect something wrong because when I got the car (Mk IV 1500) the clutch and brake brackets were swapped over.
Dave

Dave

You don't state which car you are referring so, but yes there are definitely differences and when my GT6 was assembled after a rebuild using a replacement powder coated  bracket, the pedal was too high.
I managed to locate my original bracket and refurbed that, which returned everything to normal.
The brake cylinder bracket also has additional reinforcement on the GT6 so wouldn't be interchangeable with the clutch in any case.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ian F ;)

Thanks for that - reassuring to know they are the right ones in the right places. I assume the reason for the lower angle on the brake bracket is to accommodate the bigger reservoir and also as this type of master cylinder was not obtuse angled like the clutch version (and brake on earlier drum braked cars)) it enabled the fluid level to be maintained higher. I hope I am not being obtuse in my assumptions and missing some other more technical reason for the differences.  Dave