Stromberg Carb Issue

Gavin

I've recently fitted a pair of 'not used for a while' stromberg CD 150 carbs to my 1600 vitesse to replace the original very worn solex's. The engine starts and idles fine without having to use any choke, initially if you blip the throttle the engine makes its normal lovely 6 cylinder sound and the revs pick up very quickly. However after a few minutues at idle blipping the throttle produces a sort of blowing sound and it take a couple of seconds for the engine revs to pick up also the car doesn't then seem to have much power. I'm only shunting the car in and out of the garage at the bottom of the garden as its not yet ready for the road. I plan to have the carbs tuned but I don't want to call the tuner in to find he can't tune the car because something is wrong that requires parts. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks Gavin

Thanks - I'll look up how to adjust the richness ... interesting with the whistling, I has whistling initially and found that the new manifold I fitted in order to mount the carbs had an open breather from where on later models the pipe from the rocker box would come ... I've blocked it up with a cork prior to getting a more permanent blanking plate / plug!

Archived