Body panels (not again)

Sheepy

:)
Hi all, sorry once again, I think I have asked similar before, but I can't find my old posts.

Anyway can I ask for your advice, my friend is trying to order the panels he needs for his mk2 we are going to restore. The strip down begins in January, so I will take plenty of photo's, we all like photo's!  :)

He contacted paddocks and they told him they buy from T.D. Fitchets, so he would be better to buy direct from them (wich I thought was good of them to tell him)

Ratsport and quiller say they sell heritage panels, but are they? Or do they just buy from fit fitchets then put there mark up on them.

So a question for you all, we can't seem to find a e.mail contact for fitchets? Does anyone know if they have one, as he has to order alot of parts, and because he works away on the rigs, it's difficult to do it by phone, he has a big list.
And with my work, I don't get the opportunity to call during the day

Thanks so much in advance, and sorry to pee you off with yet more panel questions.

Cheers
Shaun

Thanks for the reply, so I suppose he will have to try and call them, or send his list to them via snail mail!

It seems strange when people say they have no e.mail, you just presume nowadays everyone is on line, perhaps it's more hassle than it's worth to some.

Thanks again
Cheers
Shaun

I phoned Fitchetts the other day looking to part with large amounts of money in exchange for a mk3 spitfire bonnet and the guy on the phone was hopeless - told me he was retiring in a couple of days which may explain this - he said they wouldn't be making another for months and he couldn't promise they would even then. I asked him to get the boss to phone me back as the guy said he was the one i needed to talk to and he said there wasn't any point in leaving a number as he was unlikely to phone back.

Is this normal of Fitchets? I'm desperate to spend some money with them and they really weren't helpful but i'm hoping thats a one off?'

Alternatively does anyone have a decent mk3 bonnet in a shed/garage? I've tried all suppliers

Cheers,
Oli

Hi oli,

I have not heard from my friend yet, as he works away so can only contact him via e.mail.
But he was also going to call them with a huge list, including a bonet (mk2)

It's a shame if they adopt that attitude, and also that they are not on the web, who knows when the new guy takes over that could change (fingers crossed)

When I hear anything I will tell you all.

Cheers
Shaun

Richard - Canleys and almost every other supplier said to ask Fitchetts

Shaun - Fingers crossed they might make a bonnet if both myself and your friend are looking to order one; will give them a call in the morning. Do you know if your friend has spoken to them yet?

Cheers
Oli

The person at Fitchett's that you refer to has now retired. I have had dealings with him myself and he was very knowledgeable but you had to get him on a good day.

The other person there who I understand has been with the company over thirty years tends to be far more customer friendly and also has a good knowledge of the products they sell. (REALLY NICE GUY)

524 wrote:
I phoned Fitchetts the other day looking to part with large amounts of money in exchange for a mk3 spitfire bonnet and the guy on the phone was hopeless - told me he was retiring in a couple of days which may explain this - he said they wouldn't be making another for months and he couldn't promise they would even then. I asked him to get the boss to phone me back as the guy said he was the one i needed to talk to and he said there wasn't any point in leaving a number as he was unlikely to phone back.

Is this normal of Fitchets? I'm desperate to spend some money with them and they really weren't helpful but i'm hoping thats a one off?'

Alternatively does anyone have a decent mk3 bonnet in a shed/garage? I've tried all suppliers

Cheers,
Oli

So an update, for oli and the others.

My friend mailed me today, so I copied the triumph related part for you.

"I have finished compiling my list of parts and quotes i have, doesn't make it any easier, seems like i will have to order from several suppliers, unfortunately it is rather difficult to order from Fitchett,  if they do not have the stock?
I guess I will be ordering the bonnet from Quiller, as soon as she replies on the origins and type, seems to be more difficult than pulling teeth doing business with them,  and probably everything else from Canley - southern triumph for those parts Canley doesn't have. Rimmer is out as no OEM

Canley has most on Back order, so does Quiller, STP claims they have stock.
Ill ponder a bit over it and guess I will wait to order till back in Belgium, phone Fitchett and order whatever they have, or go for the Canley- STP option."

So as you can see, it's not so easy to get panels ordered, has anyone called fitchets lately? Has the new guy taken over?
Cheers
Shaun

Archived