Paul S

What are people's experiences with 'repair panels' for the '7? I know quality can vary substantially from the days when I had my Spit & Dolly. Was probably going to order from the gents at S&S, first thing being some inner flitch repair panels, to hasten the ever-so-slow re-build of MAP..

Any experiences/opinions on the repair panels available welcome!?

Ta...

paul
Have got some innerwing panels from s & s which fitted ok to the original ( just some minor adjustements with a hammer !). have managed to fit these ok, havent fitted the rest of the panels as they are for the back and sills of the car, but they look to  fit ok. door skins from s & s also look ok.
Got my wings and outer sills from moss and look to fit very well. but again they are on the outside of the car and havent been welded on yet .

AL

Last time I put panels on a TR7 was in 1996 they came from Rimmers and were NOS.

Got some doorskins from S&S and they do look good but don't know if they fit properly ... yet (hopefully this winter).
Always usefull to  phone around, maybe some NOS around somewhere ...

• 4 weeks later...

More information :

Panels from Moss fit ok ( well the wing does anyway) but they look like heritage (all black)), Other panels ( redy orange) fit ok with a little hammering.
have started welding next job inner wing to outer wing and then to the sills. ( may get chance to start that tomorrow)

If you can find Nos panels you are lucky, I beleive the big three Robsport/S and S/Rimmers all use the same suppliers anyway, though correct me if I am wrong. I used all 3 depending on cost on the day, and yes there are some problems, but not unsolvable! example:- fit of door panels depends on how straight your car is, if cills have been replaced, they could be a little high, a little low, if front wing replaced, could be slightly out, I adjusted my gaps on both cars with difficulty, ie had to weld extra on to even up croked gaps, depends how fussy you are?

Archived