WANTED pair rectangular headlamps

Ian Perry

As per title! Pair of rectangular headlamps - sealed beam or bulb type - wanted, please PM me if you have a pair sitting in the back of the shed collecting dust...

(I'm in west Berkshire so obviously the north of Scotland could pose some logistic challenges - but everything's solvable in the end!)

VMT

Ian

I just might have a pair, Halogen bulb type. New originally supplied c/o a local bus company. I did have plans years ago to fit them in a modified Toledo. Never happened.

Will have a look for them. BTW in Northern Ireland so will need to be posted.

Laurence

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Quoted from Gt6s-

Same fitment but USUALLY halogen

I've managed to source a pair of Leyland Tiger Bus headlamps, but I'm not sure about the beam pattern - the bus had four. The bulb is a standard H4 three-pin and there's a pilot/ side light, so I think I may have a pair of dipped beam units which don't have the full beam capacity. 

Pity... I thought I was on to something there...

I was hoping that, Clive - thanks for confirming. The bulbs came without wiring or connectors so I can't confirm if that's the way they were used - enquiries on-going. I just need to check the beam pattern to see if all four lamps were the same, or if the inner and outer pairs differed in any way that wouldn't suit a car.

Inner (main only) headlights with H4 fitting are normally identical to the outer (main and dip) but with only two wires in the loom. Very occasionally you'll come across ones where the lens is missing the pattern that puts dip beam to the nearside, in which case your dip will be old-style (can't remember the cut-off on that but pre-1970)

The bus's twin lights are as follows. The ones with 3 terminals are low beam, high beam and earth. the ones with 2 terminals are high beam and earth only.

So the 2 with 3  terminals are like your normal car lights. When switched to high beam the other two also light up giving you 4 headlights, the same as my Triumph  2500.

I know as I work on buses every day. Just put 12volt lamps in and all will be well.🤓

Tony.