Retro & Sportscar Action Day - Castle Combe

Mad Mart

[face=Arial] Retro & Sportscar Action Day [/face]
Saturday 14th June 2008

A few of us are attending this event, anyone else going? I may have a few free admission passes available so you can park on the stand.

Trackerjack & Stiglet = Dolly Sprint
2Toledos = 1850 Tolly
Mad Mart = Dolly Sprint

I will be there as last year, with the local TSSC area. They have a stand and are always greatful for a good turnout of cars to fly the flag. Last year they had a great site in the main paddock, (12 cars on display I think?) adjacant to the start finish line.
It was a really good day last year with a nice mix of people and cars. CC is a great venue.

BE WARNED though: The Police WILL be staking out the roads immediately around the track for people speeding. They have made a lucrative habit of this of late. You have been warned....

How crafty is that! i go to most of the castle combe event ( although i cant go to this one as im in sunny spain :) ) even those events involving saloons, and touring cars. so wen there is potentially suped up vectras and pugs going around they never seem to bother (or at least i have never seen any police) but when some sensible classic car owners come along there on patrol...typical  :-/

Garry

Mad_Mart wrote:
... it's all the moaning minis around the area.

'Cus that's what some 'people' do - buy a house near to a race track (and let's face it; the circuit has been there a lot longer than they have. It's not as though it's a recent addition to the neighbourhood.) - then complain about the noise >:(

What a great day! Weather was fantastic, instead of forecast rain: loads of hot sun, woo-hoo ;D!
The selection of cars was marvellous, both on the track and particularly in the paddock.
How nice is it to just happen across Trackerjack and Diane, whilst mooching through the cars :) :). So many good people to chew the fat with, and I met some of them from here for the first time as well (Andy and Jack).
Sat in the sun passing the time of day in good company- how good is that 8).

Best bit? GazaGT6 couldn't make the day: he's in Copenhagen, but unbeknown to him, his Dad whipped his spare set of keys and snuck out for the day in his car :D! Thought i'd send Garry a picture text of his car at Castle Coombe- he thought it was hilarious!!!

But what is the engine in the stunning Alfa Junior GT? :-/

Like the man said.... excellent day and  fab weather (happy that the BBC weather man got it wrong.... again !). Four good sessions of my own, and a trip out with Martin (Mad Mart) which turned out to be a great little scrap between himself and Jon (Trackerjack).

GT6boy wrote:
best bit? GazaGT6 couldn't make the day: he's in Copenhagen, but unbeknown to him, his Dad whipped his spare set of keys and snuck out for the day in his car :D! Thought i'd send Garry a picture text of his car at Castle Coombe- he thought it was hilarious!!!

Im still not impressed!!  ;D

What a great day we all had.  :D  The sun shone all day & no break downs. Lots of lovely old classic cars being driven spiritedly. I particularly liked the A35 which had a 16v badge on the back, not sure what engine was in it but it didn't half shift. The Swarm put on a good show and, as Chris mentioned,  Jon (Trackerjack) & I had a great battle in one session.

Video

Archived