Davemate

timbancroft61 wrote:
Afraid, that it looks unlikely that we will not be using Bov.

Not sure what is happening at pres.

Unlikely that we will not !!!
I presume you mean
Unlikely that we will, or likely that we will not

either way at the moment it's not on then ?

Entrants may not realise some of the logistics involved with the auto solo
Just turning up and seeing the course is the most members see before enjoying a good days sport

However have you thought how those cones just appear on the strip?
The organisers/comps committee/members have to organise not only the venue but collect cones and equipment from storage areas ,transport those to the venue,
set up the night before,drive back home, (or stay local) .Prepare, by arriving  the following morning and await the entrants etc

So ,when a `regular` strip is not available or the land owners don`t play ball and a new venue has to be found at the drop of a hat, that new venue has to be within striking distance of the hard workers who set up the course for you to enjoy.
That is not an easy task...........finding another location, vacant slot,negotiating fees, facilities to consider,etc etc

The organiser/s are trying their best to sort the event out, whether it be anywhere between July and October .So patience guys, just think of all the activities you could get up to............  

• 4 weeks later...

As must be presumed, we have been unable to book Bovingdon this month, the CSMA got in before us.

However, we are attempting to sort out an Autosolo this October, to be held at Bov. We held the CT event in October a few years ago and all went well, so the event should be fine.

In the meantime, we understand that some places are available for the CSMA event, if you want to take part, contact me and I'll send a form to you. Really cheap event, £18!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently it's was today !

If I had known it was today I would have popped along to watch or taken part.
Somehow I must have missed Tim's previous post.
I hope you all had a good day,looking at the pics on Facebook would seem that you all did  :)

thescrapman wrote:

It is October alledgedly, today was the CSMA who managed to book it first.

I know this wasn't the "ct event",I'm just hacked off I missed Tim's post as I would have loved to have popped along and cheered them on or even had I go
Today was a rare thing ---a day off,I was not even on call !

Looking forward to the ct event in October   :)