The RBRR traditionally has had good publicity, Practical Classics, Classic and Sportscar and Classic Car magazines have all entered crews and followed up with good articles.

The next issue of CC will have a 4 page article on the run, so hopefully this will generate some more new entrants next time.

Jim, could you mail me your phone no. as I need to speak to you about the RAC MSA regs. and permits.

Tim

Ha ha - spotted!  But do you know how? I seem to remember us passing a white Triumph saloon on a lorry whilst going round the M25 on Sunday - but I didn't realise we knew the owner! ;D

We weren't actually doing our own two car version of the round M25 run... we were actually on airport collection duty - hence two Spits to pick up two people - one in each car...  Fortunately there wasn't too much in the way of luggage - or we'd have had to put one of them on the train!

Can't get away with anything! Just as well we were driving nice and sensibly then...

PS Dave - thanks very much for sending the photo - I know David hasn't replied to your email so thought I would let you know we got it and have had a good laugh at the yellow blob in the passenger seat :)

Archived