it's really hard to catch up, once you lag behind!

hmm, it all went a bit haywire on the way down from john o groats!  it was accurate with road angel when we set off, then started reading 90 at 70mph, then 90 - 110 at 50mph, then by stirling it sat at 120mph + for a few miles before going off the clock. the car's sitting in my driveway now, but the speedo still thinks we're doing 130!!!!

I tried and failed to get a picture of our Road Angel showing 380mph, yes, you read that right 380mph!!!

And it wasn't just once...... we had a 2nd ambulance following us an hour or so later, and again we hit the magic 380.

Don't tell Tim, but we were in a 30mph limit as well...  ;D

Colin

[quote by=timbancroft61 link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1160398107,s=5 date=1160408821]My Road angel occasionally goes haywire, but 380mph- calm it down Colin!

The grey 2000 looked fine- begging for a bit of bodywork and 2.5Pi lump.[/quote]

I have to say I was a bit alarmed to awake from my slumber, look up and see the speed on the Road Angel.

We did suspect that the local plod were trialling radar detector scramblers as both instances were on roads with plenty of cameras. My co-drivers thought it was the ambulances causing the interference, I'm more of a 'conspiracy theorist' myself.

And I got moaned at when I momentarily managed to break the speed limit on the M5. We really do need to find out why it will not rev over 3k.

And yes, it is crying out for a couple of new wings, and a 2.5 lump.

It will be up for sale soon, minus the Carlos Fandango oversized wheels, if someone fancies taking it on. I can honestly say I didn't realise they were capable of cornering at such high speeds, and that the ride would be so smooth.

I do need to get a lot more driving practise in before the next trip, driving FWD moderns all day caused a few issues with my co-drivers, they being daily RWD veterans.

Colin

Archived